The Tale of the Wife, the Shrunken Jumper and the Growth Spurt
Our little boy has a jumper, it’s a nice jumper, it’s a blue jumper, it’s a jumper with padded elbows – it’s a wooly jumper.
I like our little boys wooly jumper, Our little boy likes his wooly jumper – My wife loves our little boys wooly jumper.
A few months ago I was given the task of washing our little boys wooly jumper.
In the machine it went with a load of other things on a nice cool cycle, then out it came and in to the tumble dryer – Big mistake – Our little boys wooly jumper came out of the tumble dryer looking more suitable for a littler little boy.
Knowing I would be in trouble, I hid our little boys littler wooly jumper under a load of stuff under the sink in the utility room.
The next few days there were questions along the lines of; “have you seen *** blue jumper”, “have you seen the jumper with the elbow pads”, have you seen ***’* favourite jumper”, “are you sure ***’* wooly jumper isn’t in the car”, “did *** take his wooly jumper to granny’s”, etc.
Over the following weeks the frequency of the questions died down until 4 months later it was virtually forgotten about.
It was then that I got our little boys wooly jumper out from under the sink, stretched it a bit and gave our little boy a shout.
He quickly tried it on, it was tight, the sleeves were 2 inches up his arm, it only just covered his belly – It was no longer our little boys favourite wooly jumper.
My wife came down the stairs and I said, “look what I’ve found” she came in, saw our little boy in a wooly jumper that looked 2 sizes too small for him and before she said anything I said, “Wow! he’s had a real growth spurt”
She didn’t bat an eyelid, agreed about the growth spurt and just said we’ll have to get him a new wooly jumper for winter 🙂
When we do – I don’t think I will be putting our little boys New wooly jumper through the tumble dryer.
Sometime I thank my lucky stars for having a wife who is a bit away with the fairies 🙂
- Last Prime Minister to Die in Office in the UK
- Taper on Self Employed Coronavirus Grant
- moneysavingexpert forum down
- Rock Paper Scissors Championships
- The Lovely Eggs This Decision Video
- Who is Replacing Rachel Riley on Countdown
- The Tale of The Wife and The Very Rare Bird
- The Tale of the Wife and Mumsnet Translator
- The Tale of the Wife and Dogs Trust Advert With The Doll
- The Tale of The Wife and The Dishwasher
- The Tale of the Wife and the Shrunken Jumper
- SEO Stratford-upon-Avon
- The Tale of the wife and the mobile phone
- The Tale of The Wife and the Potato
- The Tale of the Wife and The Dog Snatchers
- The Tale of the Cherries and the Gullible Wife
- How Can I Stop Birds Eating My Cherries
- Too Much Time On My Hands
- Controlling Dreams
- Colin Furze Safety Tie
- Pete Doherty Desert Island Discs
- Earthshot Prize
- Stratford-upon-Avon Business Directory
- 10th anniversary of Kirsty Young presenting Desert Island Discs
- Fluffy White Rabbit
- Stuffed Marrow Recipe
- The Birds Have Eaten All My Cherries
- Fake Billy Mask Billy Murphy The Young Offenders
- SEO Company Stratford-upon-Avon Warwickshire
- UK Business Directory Scam
- List of Business Categories
- The Tale of The Wife Without a Daughter