The Tale of The Wife Without a Daughter
I’ll start of this post by saying my wife is a little bit socially awkward.
It was one Sunday afternoon when she decided to take our little boy (aged 4) and girl (age 9) to our local swings and slides (as our children always referred to them as).
On approaching the playground my wife noticed a strange lady in there with a couple of children about the same age as our daughter.
Starting to panic a little, she was about to turn round and walk out again but our little boy went running in to the swings so my wife had to follow him and walk right up to the lady.
Not really knowing what to say, she broke the ice by saying;
“gosh is that what they are like when they get to that age? they look a handful”
The lady obviously thought it a strange thing to say as our daughter was the same age as hers and my wife realising she had said something silly said – “She’s my husbands daughter”
She came home and told me something embarrassing had happened and that she had to pretend our daughter was just mine to the lady so as not to sound silly – We laughed a bit with the knowledge that we would never see the lady again.
Unfortunately, who was at the mothers and toddlers group in the village hall on the following Tuesday?
Yes – The very same lady who had just moved in to the village that week.
For about 2 years my wife had to keep the pretence up that our daughter was just my daughter so as not to appear silly in front of her 🙂
- moneysavingexpert forum down
- Are Chinese Amazon Traders Helping the Spread of the Coronavirus to the UK
- Rock Paper Scissors Championships
- The Lovely Eggs This Decision Video
- Who is Replacing Rachel Riley on Countdown
- The Tale of The Wife and The Very Rare Bird
- The Tale of the Wife and Mumsnet Translator
- The Tale of the Wife and Dogs Trust Advert With The Doll
- The Tale of The Wife and The Dishwasher
- The Tale of the Wife and the Shrunken Jumper
- SEO Stratford-upon-Avon
- The Tale of the wife and the mobile phone
- The Tale of The Wife and the Potato
- The Tale of the Wife and The Dog Snatchers
- The Tale of the Cherries and the Gullible Wife
- How Can I Stop Birds Eating My Cherries
- Too Much Time On My Hands
- Controlling Dreams
- Colin Furze Safety Tie
- Pete Doherty Desert Island Discs
- Earthshot Prize
- Stratford-upon-Avon Business Directory
- 10th anniversary of Kirsty Young presenting Desert Island Discs
- Fluffy White Rabbit
- Stuffed Marrow Recipe
- The Birds Have Eaten All My Cherries
- Fake Billy Mask Billy Murphy The Young Offenders
- SEO Company Stratford-upon-Avon Warwickshire
- UK Business Directory Scam
- List of Business Categories
- The Tale of The Wife Without a Daughter